Changing distributor rotor head

Paul Lopez p_l_opez20@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:22:23 -0500

Hello list,
     On Thursday I gave my 93 SE-R a tune up (I did it my self, first time
too).  The only thing I wasn't able to change was the distributor rotor head
because I wasn't able to reach under it to unscrew it.  I have noticed only
a slight increase in power and I'm wondering if there are any conseqences to
changing the rotor head now?  Also how in the hell do you unscrew the screw
holding the rotor?  Also if somone could please explain what this means?
     "If the slop all stacks up in the same direction, your rotor may not be
optimally aligned with the electrode inside the cap when the ignition
fires."
     It was taken from the Wanye Cox HP trick and would love to do this also
but I don't understand how to do it.

Thank you,
Paul