Quick Question...

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:14:35 -0500

At 07:50 PM 9/28/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if a 91-92 SE-R gauge cluster will plug into and work in
>a 94 SE-R? And while we're at it, how about the digital cluster from the NX? I

The 1991 & 92 cars have a cable-driven speedometer.  93 & 94 switched to an
electrical sending unit on the transmission.  So they're not directly
interchangeable.  If you swapped in an old style cable and drive unit, I
guess you could switch over.  I prefer the looks of the earlier
gauges;  but the electrical speedo is more trouble free.

The digital cluster was in many if not all NX1600s.  Guess if you're too
slow to get out of your own way, you can at least be amused by the flashing
lights:)  I don't know if its speedo is mechanical or electric.  Checking
a FSM for tranny parts and electrical schematics might help.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R (parts car?)