SR20 motor won't start

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:54:26 -0500

stays around 30 psi> when the key is in the "on" position, and drops to almost
> nothing when the key is in the off position.

Isn't the fuel pressure suppose to stay up for a while even after you turn off
the key?  That's why we have to depressize the system before changing out the
fuel filter and injectors right?  So if the pressure is dropping right when you
turn the key off, I think that means a leaky injector?  Or an injector that's
stuck open.  If you're sitting there cranking and crap comes spewying out of
the tailpipe, I'd think it would be a stuck injector.  The easiest thing to do
is check the resistance of each injector which should read 10 ohm.  If the
injector doesn't show any resistance, it's bad.

Try checking the archives related to fuel pressure and bad/leaky/injectors and
o-rings.

Khiem