Bolt-ons for 'new' G20?

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:06:12 -0500

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 09:47:23AM -0500, Eddy, Michael wrote:

> considering buying one, and hoping that simple bolt-ons
> (intake/header/exhaust) will provide similar acceleration to my Classic,
> which has an intake and ECU.

The ECU is a bit different; I think you can use a '94-96 G20 ECU and get
good results with a little minor rewiring.  Everything else is
available for a G that your Classic has, be it in slightly smaller
numbers, and I'm not sure who makes a CAI.  You can always get a JWT
POP, though.

> G20s.  Also, any comments about what I'm hoping to accomplish are welcome.
> Many thanx in advance.

Well, it's not going to accelerate *or* handle like a Classic; the G is
a good 25% heavier, but is blessed with a better front suspension (a
step or two sideways or backwards in the rear, though).  Damn fine
platform, though.  Don't forget to hit G20.net!

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |