Torque Loads

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:15:22 -0500

George, you're probably right. But I'm an ex-engineer and sometimes fall
into the habit of looking for problems before they occur. I know from
reading the FSM and doing research, that if you don't have the 2 adjusting
bolts on the dogbone mount within tolerant distance(I think it's 53 to 56
mm) it can cause some other problems, i.e. cv joints wearing out quicker.

So, I extrapolated what might happen if the torque load was increased to the
front... maybe problems have already happened because of it, but nobody has
reversed engineered it to the real problem?

And then again, maybe I'm blowing smoke out of my lower orifice.

Nothing wrong with cattle prods. You just have to remember to use
nonconductive gel.

Later,
Mark