brand new sr20de

Sam Bass res0z6bi@verizon.net
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:20:33 -0500

> I understand that nissan has brand new sr20de motors in some warehouse
that
> are approx 5K dollars if you go through a local nissan stealer.  Has
anyone
> actually done this and be able to comment on say a brand new tranny etc?
> also thought that nissan has stopped making the engine?!

This brings up a question that I have. Realistically, how much longer do we
have before new SR20 parts become hard to find? Is this a popular enough
engine to where I shouldn't even have to ask this question? I have heard of
the classic owners having a hard time finding interior/exterior parts. I can
image what fun the NX2000 owners are having. I guess it's a silly
question,but if I keep my car for hypothetically 10 more years, am I gonna
be OK?

Sam Bass
Largo, FL
1998 200SX SE-R