Funeral for a Friend

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 17:58:01 -0500

<Cartman> OH !! GODDAMMIT! </Cartman>

Well, I thought I'd pretty much come to grips a couple months ago that my
'92 SE-R was junkyard and parts car fodder.  But today I had a really rude
awakening... the poor thing has been left to die a slow ugly death in my
yard:(

You may recall, it was the first all motor SE-R in the country to crack
into the 14 second ET zone, back in Oct 1996.  Lot's of y'all have since
matched and bettered that (congrats!) but that little feat is one of my few
claims to fame.  I cracked it up Feb 2001 by hitting an ice patch in
shit-hole Ohio and nailing a utility pole.  It got trailered down to NC
with me last Dec, and has been sitting concealed in the yard for 9 months.

It spent 10 months in an asphalt parking lot at work with little further
deterioration.  Here in NC I knew the weather and moisture were being hell
on it.  But today I went down and found it in much worse shape than I
expected.  Mice are gnawing on things under-hood and the carpets are molding:
http://echoes.xxiii.com/wcox/se-r/
I feel like my best bud' has been left to rot in the desert rather than
getting a decent burial.  At least the seats aren't rotten (want those in
the NX!) but much of the rest is in shabby condition.

Well, I'm just mourning out loud now.  But I remember someone asking a
couple weeks ago about car storage tips.  If he hasn't left yet,  have a
few suggestions what NOT to do.

If anyone wants to buy parts, please email.  I'm grabbing the engine and
seats, but much of the rest is available (just not the carpet!)

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R (parts car?)