jumpy idle on a sr20de

Lawrence Weeks dev@anabasis.net
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:20:25 -0500

Once upon a time (Tue Sep 17), CHEE XIONG wrote:

> Recently when i come to a halt or stop my nx2000's Idle gets
> irraticly jumpy and sometimes it even dies. Once i start up the
> car again its fine. It even happen on the highway going from fifth
> gear to neutral to pay a toll the car's idle gets jumpy and all of
> a sudden it dies. Anyone has any comments? I check for loose vacumn
> hoses but all seems fine. The car is completely stock.

Have you set the idle properly? Do you have a FSM? Try letting the
car sit idling, and unplug the AAC valve. See what happens. If the
car dies or the idle changes a lot, set the car up for idle adjust
(remove TPS plug?), adjust the idle screw all the way out, start the
car, and dial the idle in.

My idle was funky until recently. When I put my engine back in, I had
a loping idle of about 3000-5000 rpm due to a vacuum leak, and didn't
set the idle properly after fixing that. A few weeks ago I finally
went to adjust the idle. Had my brother in law watch the tach while
I unplugged the AAC to see if it "affected" the idle. Unplugged it,
and the car instantly died. He says "um, yeah, it changed."

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks      "Audaces fortuna juvat."      dev@anabasis.net