Center Force Myth

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:14:11 -0500

Jamie Vitale wrote:

>C'mon guys don't bust on Centerforce like that!  They make an excellent dual
>friction clutch

Perhaps.  But Wayne and I have been around here long enough to know of many
failed CF clutches.  About 4-5 years ago the only viable aftermarket clutch
was the JWT.  Now we have the ACT and I think one or two small
players.  There was a long string of broken Centerforce and Clutchmasters
clutches, most  with low miles.

Perhaps they've solved their reliability problems.

I still have a problem with the fact they make a big deal out of
advertising their funky weight system if they don't use it on all their
clutches.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>