Catalytic Converter...

Jack Daniels shitniggaus@yahoo.com
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:31:28 -0500

If you live in California I would not bother with high
flow catalytic converters unless you like replacing
your high flow cat every two years.  When they are
brand new, you will barely be able to pass the
California smog test, that is why they are smog legal.
 2 years of use and your high flow cat will put out
high enough emissions to barely fail smog.  I have
experiences this with Random Technology cats and I
know of two other guys with SE-Rs that have had this
same bad experience.  With a normal catalytic
converter your emissions go down close to nothing.
Best way to go is just put on a straight test pipe in
place of a catalytic converter and when its time for a
smog check, just bolt on your normal very restrictive
catalytic converter long enough to pass your smog
check.  That's better than wasting your money on a
high flow catalytic converter.  Smog is never going to
go away.  Eventually, we are all  going to die and it
won't be from smog or global warming.

 --- "Morales, Roberto J."