Muffler advice needed (all exhaust gurus, please take a look)

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 06:43:56 -0500

EEYORE5182@aol.com wrote:

<snip>

I won't call myself a guru, but here's my $.02 anyway..

Edelbrock makes some pretty nice good flowing mufflers..  The 'race' version's 16
gauge steel, the normal versions' 18.

The path is basically almost straight through, with a split in the middle that
makes it curve from the inlet towards the outside of the muffler casing and then
back to the outlet on both sides.

They cost around $100, and you won't have to modify them to flow good.

The 3" center inlet/outlet version flows 563cfm IIRC.

Oh yeah, the're mentioned in Kojima's exhaust article, and I have a pair of 2
1/2" ones to put on my Chevy - I think they rock compared to a lot of other
muffler offerings.

Ciao for now.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>