KOM'BAT Header?

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:15:05 -0500

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 11:51:09PM -0500, Soonthorn, Marvin STG2(SW) (HAYLER) wrote:

> Hmm...so go with the stainless steel one and have someone fix the primary
> flange joints?

Right.  PS simply tack-welds the tubes (on the mild steel header,
anyway) to the exhaust port flange on the outside.  HS and (IIRC)
Stillen weld all the way around the outside edges, which should make the
joint stronger and less prone to developing leaks.  Basically, any
decent welder (person) with a MIG welder (tool) setup that has
experience with stainless steel can do the job.  Cost should be really
low, too, because I really can't see the job taking more than 10 minutes
from setup to teardown.

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |