KOM'BAT Header?

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:31:44 -0500

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 11:00:48PM -0500, Soonthorn, Marvin STG2(SW) (HAYLER) wrote:

> I couldn't help but be highly interested in this topic Dren. I wonder what's
> really different between the three headers, other than the obvious.

It only makes sense that the tubing jigs would be the same between all
three (HS Gen-I knockoffs), but that may not be the case.  ARMOR*Coat is
PS' brand name for ceramic-coated, which, remember, is more like a paint
than anything else, so you are just as right as I am; it's the same
header with different part numbers. ;)

Seems that somebody mentioned the collector on the Kombat part being
larger than the standard...this could be bad, but I haven't found any
proof that it is or isn't larger.  The PS design has too large of a
collector to start with, so you understand my concern.

> always thought that the 70-1284 came ceramic coated. Hmm......Which one
> should I try out? =)

Dude, get stainless and have a local MIG/stainless welder fix the primary
flange joints.  Less money and less effort than "fixing" the other two,
and it looks better.

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |