ECU Tuning as per "Down Under"

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:50:31 -0500

Chris Pronios wrote:

>However, a friend has tried S4s here and they were very rough-idling  on
>our engines. Plus, for whatever reason our stock ECU did not seem to adapt
>even after a month and maybe 1500 miles!

>One JWT ECU later and all was fine from day 1 for some reason.

>So just to be on the safe side, for OUR engines and S4s the doctor
>prescribes cam/ecu (alright Jason, eccs) combos.

I have been away from my computer for about 6 hours, so this may have
already been covered, but the idle smoothing is one of those extra things
that JWT does that I seriously doubt some amateur would figure out.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>