ECU Tuning as per Down Under

Peter Jackson jacksopc@earthlink.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:11:44 -0500

I think the boards have potential, especially for people who like to
tinker. Making your own map would be quite the experience. Trading info
and maps with others is fine, as long as they own those maps.

What I don't want to see is outright theft and copying of copyrighted
maps. Are Nissan's maps public domain, or are they Nissan's? JWT's?
If someone pirated all their product and sold it as their own, would you
really want to do business with them?

There are fair use considerations. I think the boards can be sold
ethically.
I'm not pointing any fingers, I wouldn't know who to point at.
I am just raising the issue before theft becomes accepted practice and
the 'Everybody else is doing it' fallacy is used.

Peter J