ECU Tuning as per "Down Under"

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:00:18 -0500

Chris Pronios wrote:

> > Again, I'm not trying to bad mouth in any way.  Just trying to interject
> > some reality here.

>Softening up are we??? :-)))

Yeah, some folks just don't know I'm fuzzy and cuddly. ;-)

Nah, I just see this issue (and a lot of others) a bit differently than
some since buying the 944.

DIY mapping is a cool idea, BUT it's so easy to ruin an engine that it's
kind of scary too.  As you pointed out, a lot of the folks who are doing
DIY ECU tuning (whether using stand-alone boxes or modifying OEM boxes) are
doing so out of necessity because they don't have a tuner like JWT
available to provide quality maps.  Many of these folks would rather buy a
proven ECU program if one were available.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>