ECU Tuning as per "Down Under"

Chris Pronios hpro@b-link.gr
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:18:59 -0500

Wayne,

I agree with you in the BIG respect! And as you saw the responses started
flowing.

People in here are more technically oriented and willing to try themselves
than the average Nissan enthusiast. People in here can actually use the
hw/sw/techinfo without blowing their cars up!

Still, even in here there are not a lot of people willing to go through the
adventure of doing it themselves. The way I see it, the main market for the
gizmo will be those poor souls that do not have B13s and/or are burdened with
Speed Limiters and Rev limiters! Until now, just to get rid of those you had
to go down JWT-alley and pay megabucks. Now it is a DIY job that can be done
for USD50 or something!!!!

As for buying there are various sources. I personally know at least two very
helpful persons over in Australia who have been doing this for ages with
proved working results. Badbiki (the one yelling over at sr20deforum) has only
recently set up this board but there is no reason to believe that it does not
work. Plus he has/claims to have all sorts of maps available.

In any case, I believe I would go with those that have done it for years and
most probably on a "bunch-buy" basis.

Chris
  OH MY GOD!  This is BIG!  Why hasn't there been more response on this
today?!

  We're no longer tied down to JWT!  :)  This is all the hardware, software
and theory!  Where do I buy the add-on board?  Damn - used to have an EPROM
burner & reader @ previous job.  Anyone selling cheap ones?