ECU Tuning as per "Down Under"

Probe Dude probedude@hotmail.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:35:40 -0500

Actually the first thing I want to do is come up with a code reader widget.
Why couldn't Nissan come up with something simple like Chrysler's been doing
for years to extract the error codes from the ECU instead of having to get
to the damn ECU to turn a trimpot.  On my 240SX the ECU is easily gotten to,
but that damn trimpot is on the side of the ECU against the firewall!!

BTW, there was a group buy on the SR20DEFORUM website for some Techtom
units.  I think one of them does data logging, but I don't think you can
download info to a PC.

You can bet I'll be telling everyone IF I figure out how to talk to the ECU
through the CONSULT.  Seems to be hard to do given no one seems to have info
about it.  Maybe once they find out they keep the secret to themselves to
make the most $$$.

Dave