ECU Tuning as per "Down Under"

Wayne Cox wmc66@bellsouth.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:52:45 -0500

At 07:26 PM 9/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Problem is that he doesn't have any of the base US maps.
>Badbiki's been posting his product over at nissanforums and sr20forums where
>there are been a bit more traffic about it.

Well, I've got 2 JWT boxes with different numbers on them for non-CA 5
speed B13s, and a stock B13 box.  Would be nice to compare.  Guess I don't
have any way to suck out the stock ROM though.  It's been almost 11 years
since I owned my first SE-R and it's always bugged the crap out of me that
there wasn't any more info on doing add-in rom boards.  If you've ever
opened one up and know anything about basic electronics, it's pretty
obvious that Nissan left a very easy provision to wire in a standard
27-series EPROM.

Does this guy have anything on how to plug into the consult connector on
the older (B13) cars?  Or any info on the machine code fro the things?

Maybe we can set up some little Napster-like system to share ECU code
:)  Wonder if I've still got that 1800 byte hand assembled 6502 code
program for "break out" I wrote for the Apple II in high school :)

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R (parts car?)