Oddity file: Cleaner Brush? & idle problems

Steve Obert obert@snet.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:51:22 -0500

The brush belongs there.  I am sure you will find mention of it in the
archives.

As to the idle problem, my car was doing that.  What I found was that I had
set the idle to 800 by the factory tach.  When I hooked a timing light with
a tach built into it I found that the actual rpm was more like 600.  I reset
the base idle with the timing light tach and have had no idle problems
since.  That stumble where the idle drops is the time it takes for the idle
air motor to adjust the idle back to 800 from the lower setting.