Pet Peeve With the list

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:54:30 -0500

At 06:59 AM 9/4/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Every time someone responds to a post I make, it is sent both to the list
>and directly to me.  That means that I get the same thing twice.

A big portion of the list subscribers (1/2 or 2/3 IIRC) are on "digest"
mode, where they get one big email with a bunch of messages.  So if someone
has an issue, replying to both the list and them personally helps them get
a prompt response, rather than waiting for the next digest.  Many list
members send to both for this reason.

Also, some email programs or their users default to using "Reply All"
rather than "Reply Sender".  In my email [Eudora] "Reply" goes to the
individual only, not the list, so I usually do a "Reply All" and leave 'em
both in.
    -Wayne