scca

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:39:42 -0500

Obi Wan George wrote:
		So, I don't know if I answered your question.  They cannot
please everyone.  Someone is always unhappy.

George,
You did answer my question. Most of the people in my region of SCCA are
fairly level headed... at least the SOLOII people. Have not met any of the
IT, ProRally, SOLOI, etc. people. Take in mind I have only been doing SOLOII
for, all total, 2 and a half years (not continuously). It just appears that
I hear more bitching from people about classes, event organization, mods,
whatever than I do about how well they do, do things. After every event down
here I try to send an email on our mailing list saying how well it ran,
rather than bitch and moan. I realize that SOLOII is for amateurs by
amateurs, some take it more seriously than others but that is the same with
any sport. I just wanted to know if this list felt the same way as I take
the information gathered here very seriously.

I will try NASA in few years once I have honed my driving skills some more
than the rough, iron edge they are now, when they are a sharp steel edge...
But I plan on building the SE-R to IT standards... for now.

As with any large organization it is the lack of communication I think that
frustrates people and it "appears" to me this is SCCAs problem... but...
until I can drive like Schumacher and make the money he does.. I'll be happy
with what ever opportunity I have to race legally.

{uff... climbing down from soapbox}

brian