SR20 is out, QR25 is in

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:37:07 -0500

Welcome to the Spec V zone.
So, now that we ALL know that the SpecV need different gear ratios, what
some of us are trying to figure out is what we can do about it?

I heard suggestions about changing out some gears from the Maxima version
of this tranny.
Should be possible, but the dealer tells me the parts will cost over $1,100.
I won't even try to guess the labour involved in tearing down and rebuilding.

Have fun!

>Of course, I will continue to be a member of this list.  I have read almost
>every single email since the day I bought my 98 back in October of 98.  Before
>this list I didn't even change my own oil.  Thanks to the help from everyone
>here, I have been able to tackle the few issues I have had with total
>confidence.  It sure helps when you know that there are so many good
>people out
>there willing to help you get through any problem.  Thank you all so much for
>making the last 4 years of SE-R ownership so great, and I am looking
>forward to
>being around for the next 100 thousand smiles.

>Wes Thompson
>02 Spec V

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

2.3TB RAID5 NAS server - dual AthlonMP CPU, Linux, $10,995 CAD / $6850 USD