Which Motor Mount is my best option?

Humberto Gonzalez aztecred92@hotmail.com
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 02:13:09 -0500

> From: "Erik Erik" <erikbronx@hotmail.com>
> My passenger mount is dead...Should I Replace all of them or just the one?
> ...what do you guys think...I should do, replace the one passenger side
> mount or all? Oh yea I have a G20 1992. Thanks

Erik,

When my '92 SE-R's passanger side motor mount wore out, I replaced the
driver's and passanger's engine mounts with stock Nissan pieces and used
Energy Suspension's motor mount inserts for the front ("dog bone" mount) and
rear (closest to the firewall) mounts. The combination of ES MM inserts and
stock Nissan MM helped to minimize engine movement, yet allowed damping to
reduce the amount of vibration that entered the cabin.  If you decide to go
this route, you'll notice more engine vibration than stock for a couple of
weeks until the mounts settle in. Afterwards it'll hardly be noticable
except at startup.

It's been around 5 years since I've peformed this upgrade. I added all the
typical bolt-on's afterwards and the MM's are holding up just fine.

Hope this helps,
Humberto Gonzalez
aztecred92