VE Dyno, 179.5whp.

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 20:26:00 -0500

Jason wrote:
>Where did you find your engine?  How old is it?
>How much?  What about all the other parts needed for
>the transplant?  Thanks

It's really not a hard swap.  The sr20ve block is the same as a sr20de block
from the outside so all the stuff just bolts right up.  The ve even has a
sr20 stamped on the side of the block.  It is considered a Low Port so the
Throttle body is up high just like the 94 up cars.  I have a complete
writeup on the sr20deforum in the VE section and some pictures on a image
station site. http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291534383 and
http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22942.  I bought the
engine from Andreas Miko he is on the forum also.  My engine was pretty
young.  It was not cleaned before I got it but it only had a small amount of
buildup in the typical places.  The cost of a VE is $2500 and up depending
on what you get.  I also installed a quaife and some Wilwoods just before
droping the VE in.  BTW the VE is not a torqueless wonder like a honda.  My
dyno curve with the cams NOT engaged looks just like a modded DE but at
4300rpm it starts to climb like no DE does to my knowledge.  I have some new
cams to put in soon that should give me another 12whp but that is another
story.