What's Broken?

Peter Jackson jacksopc@earthlink.net
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:46:33 -0500

"Kyle R. Davis" wrote:

> I'd recommend inspecting the control arm mounting points and the bushings.

That was it Kyle.:)

I got it up on a lift so it wasn't under load.
The wheel bearings checked out OK.
The bushings looked ok.
The control arms still look straight, I used a straight edge so my eyes
wouldn't be fooled.

It was a loose bolt in the swivel part of the driver side control arm.
The big honking one that is used when you add a control arm brace.
While the car was on the ground, it felt solid, but in the air, I could
move it with my fingers. I should have seen the difference in threads
exposed between the two, I'll use that trick in the future.
I torqued it down good and checked all the other bolts 'while I was in
there'. No flexing now, just straight acceleration.

Thank you to Kyle and Jon

Peter J