5th gear shifter movement

Kyle R. Davis kyle-davis@qwest.net
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:12:57 -0500

> I have noticed since last weekend that all of a sudden my shifter
> moves back
> and forth when I go on and off the throttle in 5th. It doesn't
> take much and
> it moves. It's about 1/4 to 1/2 movement.

I've noticed something like this in the past too.  For me it was a
combination of two issues.

First my motor mounts were shot!

Second, the one of the 12mm nuts that hold the shifter stabilizer bar
bracket to the rear cross member motor mount was missing and the other nut
was loose.

I'd also check to make sure that all the nuts/bolts that hold the shift
linkage are all in good order (even up there above the cat, right on the
shifter it's self).

-Kyle