I need your help! MSD Ignition System Development

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:40:20 -0500

Hello All,

After exhaustive research and talking to a a lot of
people that are having problems with how there turbo
cars run, I have come to the conclusion that MSD
igntions are not entirely compatable with our cars.

There are a few pretty technical reasons for this that
I won't get into here but I am working with MSD to
solve the problem.

You might have heard discussions blaming the JWT ECU
for part throttle running rich and blubbring stumbles
that have plauged even the smartest turbo running
people in our comunity?

After weeks of crap, I have determined that all of
this is a triggering issue with the MSD box!  Although
I have sent Ignition parts to MSD for testing, they
need a car to experiment with.  The trouble is that
MSD is in El Paso TX and I am in Californina and
cannot get a car down there.

Is there anyone in the area that can go to MSD and let
them check a few parameters?  I will be a great aid in
the advancement of SR20 development.  This is a
serious issue.

Mike