autox advice

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:12:34 -0500

Well... another chapter in my quest to find the right class... scuttlebutt
has it with the printing of the new rules book for SCCA SOLOII that there
will inevitably be some class changes... the one I am watching is the STX
class. Allegedly if it goes national next year (likely) then all AWD cars
will be STX out of stock class... that means the 2.5RS will competing
against the WRX instead of in STS, where it seems to have done very, very
well...

If this is the case I may have a very good shot for being competitive in
STS, the biggest competition, in my eyes, coming from the ITR, and Si's.
I don't think enough development has been done on the RSX yet to find its
"sweet spot" so to speak. I did manage to get a STB and CAI/POP this weekend
for $30....

Brian "ass dragging in GS right now" Cembor
92 SE-R