Help needed - CV failure?

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:46:28 -0500

Wade Jackson wrote:

>On my way to work this morning, the thunking changed to an occasional
>high pitched metal to metal grinding.  The thunking now will occur
>driving slowly straight ahead in the parking lot and sounds like more of
>a popping noise.

Like rocks in a rock crusher?

That is what I experienced with Grover's car at my last SCCA
school.  Interestingly enough we thought it was the brake pads crumbling so
we ran the car for a couple hours in an enduro with no troubles.  At
Grover's next event he experienced the same sensation.  it was cured by a
new halfshaft from Raxles.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>