Raxles

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:22:14 -0500

Dan Stated
>Someone suggested Raxles to me once.
>I checked them out - they were nice, but they wanted over 150 dollars >or
>an axle for my NX2k. They BETTER be nice.
>NAPA is selling lifetime guaranteed rebuilds for less than 80.
>call me crazy, but unless I have a boosted car or something, I'll >stick
>with NAPA.

I have a axle in my car from Raxles.  I got 3 different axles form Bap Geon
and none fit.  I went to Napa and they wouldn't even order one becuase the
book listing for a 98 SE was wrong (It listed the 98 as having the same
drivers side as the 95-97).  I finally called Raxles and they knew just what
I needed and got it to my door in 36 hours.    It was a little over 150 but
it uses all new consumable parts.  NAPA and the others ussually take grinder
to your core and just regrind the worn out race and replace the bearing with
a larger size.  This of course grinds away the hardning that was on the race
from Nissan.  They do offer a lifetime warranty but raxles does also.  You
get a better product from Raxles but you will pay more.  And Yes they are
nice, The guy I talked to was an avid Thomas Jefferson fan.  Interesting
conversation.  Just thought people would want to know why someone might
recommend a $150 dollar axle.

Steve Foltz
98 Sentra SE, with VE