new rear section

joel armstrong yesous2@comcast.net
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:44:35 -0500

Subject: new rear section

> i know that it has been said before that unless your going turbo, around
> 2.25" is about as big as you want to go.  unfortunately,  for the life of
me,
> i cant remember what size the courtesy midpipe is.

The courtesy pipe falls right inbetween 21/4 & 21/2. It's metric so I'm not
sure either. I just know it's larger than 21/4 & smaller than 21/2.

  if i move to a 2.5" rear
> section and muffler, will i be losing to much back pressure?  i had always
> heard that by going a little larger, you would make up what you lost in
> low-end power with some top-end gains.  but when is big, to big?

Remember I'm running 21/2 cat back to a 21/2 straight through magflo
muffler.
I ran a 14.7 @ 94 mph down at Capitol with this exhaust. Remember also Alex
that was with the # from the Rosen dyno :-( So I wouldn't say that you lose
all
that much on bottom and you gain quite a bit up top. Will a B14 exhaust fit
under your NX? If so you can have my exhaust in a week or so,
I'm going 3 inch :-)  Joel