new rear section

EEYORE5182@aol.com EEYORE5182@aol.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:55:17 -0500

Alright, i need to replace my rear section..badly..im aiming for the next 2
weeks or so.  as i take to the internet for my quest for a new muffler, i
start to have some issues.

i know that it has been said before that unless your going turbo, around
2.25" is about as big as you want to go.  unfortunately,  for the life of me,
i cant remember what size the courtesy midpipe is.  i thought i heard that it
was metric, and i have also heard that its about 2.5".  this coupled with my
2.5" high flow cat is what is making me wonder.  if i move to a 2.5" rear
section and muffler, will i be losing to much back pressure?  i had always
heard that by going a little larger, you would make up what you lost in
low-end power with some top-end gains.  but when is big, to big?  i want the
pipes in my system to match, but i dont want to be shooting myself in the
foot...

Alex
'93 NX2k - now louder then before..with some rusty holes in the muffler