G20 axle problem

Ahriman14@aol.com Ahriman14@aol.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:08:01 -0500

The G20's with the VLSD tranny use the same tranny as the SE-R's (although
possibly slightly different gear ratios) and they will bolt up no problem.
However, I do know that the axle nut on the G20 is a different size (34mm <i
think> vs 32mm).  At the very least, the inner part of the axle is the same
(the part that goes into the tranny), while the outer part may be different
(since the G20 has a completely different front suspension and hub).

I have wondered why P10 owners without a VLSD tranny don't just try using "t"
model axles when putting a SE-R tranny on their car instead of
frankensteining SE-R and non-LSD axles together.

Cheers,
David Kempe
94 G20t w/stuff
"Happy Motoring"