Spec V wheels - weight

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 02:37:10 -0500

I recently had the opportunity to weigh the wheels on my Spec V.

A VERY respectable 13.42 lbs. ( 6.1Kg)

If anyone is looking to replace these thinking they will get a lighter
wheel for performance, I suggest that they think again.
Some of the lightest wheels on the after market, which are forged wheels,
such as the Volk Racing TE37 weigh around 15 to 16 lbs ( 7.2Kg) and
typically cost well over $500 USD ($800 Canadian).
Most of the 17" alloy wheels on the market are well over 20 lbs (9Kg)
I originally felt that the Nissan price on these was a bit steep, but in
view of this they are actually quite fairly priced.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

2.3TB RAID5 NAS server - dual AthlonMP CPU, Linux, $10,995 CAD / $6850 USD