Blower Switch Melting, also Headlight Switch

Richard & Teena Garrison rsgtkg@bellsouth.net
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:13:23 -0500

Dim, brights work.

Hi guys,

Long time listener, 1st time caller. I have fixed a few of these heater
switch problems, and most can be traced to a bad ground on the blower motor.
If you have to replace your blower motor resistor, please be sure to clean
and tighten your ground connections to you blower motor, and the connectors
to the blower switch as well. One other thing, turn your blower switch to
"OFF" everytime you turn the car off will help with the life of the blower
resistor, because you aren't spikeing it everytime you start the car.

The other common electrical problem I have come across on our cars
(personally, I have fixed 4 of these now) is either having either NO dim
lights, one dim light out, or one light not as bright as the other. It's
your headlight switch. Again, carefully tighten all the connectors in the
harness when you replace the switch.

Richard S. Garrison
Lebanon TN
2K Sentra Se w P/P (auto)