G20 axle problem

Ahriman14@aol.com Ahriman14@aol.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:44:31 -0500

You have to make *very* sure they are looking for a touring model axle.  I
had to give them my axle and they rebuilt it and then gave it back to me as
they didn't have a single touring axle in stock. (I tried several places,
Napa, Kragen, etc).  Before I gave them my axle I twice got the incorrect
axle (shorter like you said I believe) and had to return it.  I have been
told rebuilds are very unreliable, but I have had one in my car for close to
2 years now with a good 6 or so track days on the car with race tires and
hawk blue brake pads so YMMV.  From the archives people have recommended
Raxles (<A HREF="http://www.raxles.com">http://www.raxles.com</A>) which aren't rebuilds.

BTW, I have a manual and I don't know if yours is different yet.  There don't
seem to be a whole lot of "t" axles available.

Cheers,
David Kempe
94 G20t w/stuff
"Happy Motoring"