Headers

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 12:14:38 -0500

>An option that nobody has explored but 2 SR20VE guy's
>that I know of is importing a header for a Primera.
>The Fujitsubo header looks like a fantastic piece and
>is very reasonable for a stainless header. I have been
>quoted less than $600 shipped.

Actually that is me.  I have been reading this discussion with interest for
a variety of reasons.  First, it explains why HS has not made a VE header.
They are maxed out and behind on production right now anyway.  Second, it
explains a great deal about HS products.  Small business trying to keep up
with demand.  I like the Fujitsubo header a great deal.  It had a slight
problem with hitting my swaybar but I just slid the swabar over and used a
couple clamps to keep it from moving back.  It is a very nice piece.  The
attention to detail on the inside is fantastic and to top it off its very
quite.  Jim made 181 whp with this header, Greddy exhaust, HS CAI and stock
VE.  Jim had the same problem (rubbing/rattling) on his classic with a
aftermarket swaybar and replaced that bar with a NX bar from a junkyard.
Car handles better with a OEM bar up front anyways and it no longer rubs.
My car also has the stock bar up front.

P.S.  George, can you get that friend of yours with the VE to e-mail me
back.  I have some information for him.

Steve Foltz
98 Sentra SE
VE Powered.