Radiator fans not working? Removed your AC?

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:09:32 -0500

On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 05:30 PM, Lawrence Weeks wrote:

> I have been studying the wiring diagrams.

Me too, right after you posted this message.  ;)

> First, a '91-'92 SR powered car with a manual transmission
> has single speed fans. Second, the fans are powered together by a
> single relay controlled by a single line out of the ECU, so it is
> not possible for just one to run.

Well, that's certainly what the FSM says, but I was almost positive
that I've had one fan come on by itself.  That said, I was remembering
incorrectly.  The fans are wired together on the '91, and in fact there
is only one fan relay present (I looked), and both fans to come on at
the same time, even with the AC off (I checked).

> BTW 2, in the wiring diagrams, what is the difference between a
> junction
> with an open circle vs. a closed circle?

That's a stumper for me too, I never really paid that much attention
(since both designate a connection), I think it might have something to
do with how/where the connection is made, but I'm not sure.  I skimmed
over the diagram a bit to see if I could spot some logic, but nothing
really jumped out at me there.