Headers and other forums Getting things straight

John Campbell jcampbel@dfsfin.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:51:52 -0500

Geo wrote:
<I didn't hear about anyone calling Sony to bitch about availability when
the PS2 came out.>

A key difference here George is that Sony was upfront and said "you are
going to have to wait xx months before we release this product." What they
didn't say was "We aren't sure when it will be released", "wait, it will be
released in two weeks." three weeks later, "it will be released in on week."
etc.

I certainly have never whined about HotShot's issues. I have stated what
they are but never whined and I don't think that Maurice has whined either.
I appreciate every single pony that HS sold me and I am thankful that there
are companies out there making stuff that helps me enjoy my cars more. I too
remember the days when about the only thing available for the SE-R was the
HKS foam filter and the turbo cam from Stillen.

What I would like these companies to be is forthright. Hell, if it is going
to be a year before the SS header (or any product) is really available they
should state that, right upfront. People will appreciate the honesty and the
only people that will bitch are the ones that aren't really interested
anyhow.

Whomever stated it earlier (Mike K?) was correct, if I was that upset about
paying $400+ for a header I would buy a Civic. I don't drive a Civic and my
son won't either. : )

John Campbell