Blower switch overheating?!?

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:43:26 -0500

At 12:28 PM 8/23/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>replaced the resistor pack twice. My blower only worked on the highest
>setting. It used to just be stuffed up behind the dash, but there is a
>nice little slot right

That's a different (very old & well known) problem.  The resistor provides
your low settings.  It's up in that slow so the air hits it for cooling.

As for Jim's troubles,  Yup.  BTDT.  You loose high speed first, then
sometimes the lower ones, but it's all in the dash switch.  The switch was
toasted on my 91 NX when I bought it.  The P.O. had bypassed it and hacked
up the dash putting a big ass home-depot style toggle switch in there.  I
put it back together with an OEM switch and it's lasted 5 years.

Also replaced it in Lisa's 93 NX last month.  It sometimes stuck in
position 4, and had to be jiggled to kick in.  Found out it had suffered a
melt down while I had the stereo out.
   -Wayne