Headers and other forums Getting things straight

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:45:02 -0500

>From: "Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta)" <Joe.Stewart@cox.com>

>Well my Hotshot isn't a stolen design, but it rusts, cracks and leaks.
>Heck, long time supporters and customers get shitty service, too. The
>weld on my G4 replacement primary was welded by a blind man, and after
>only a few months, the new coating is peeling.

>Basically, Hotshot isn't exactly the model company either.

>-Jay

My experience so far with Hotshot:
Looking to buy header for my Spec V, their part # NS3002

<RANT>
Leads me on with claims, publish no useful dyno info
Promised me dyno info 4 months ago. Nothing.
Said they had dyno results. I asked for a copy, told them to feel free to
fax collect.
Claimed the dyno results they had "were the property of a customer and they
could not release them." Told me it would be posted on their website "in
two weeks"
Nothing for 3 months.
Finally, after review in Nissan Performance their is a dyno chart on their
site, no figures, low res unusable graphic.
Found same stuff in Nissan Performance, Hotshot copied part of it.
Find results shown suspicious. Base figures from November 2001 test.
Car used in tests has had numerous mods to it, based on reading Nissan
Performance review article..
Tried to order in May, got runaround, suggested I order from dealer
Tried to order from Jim Wolf Tech, told 4 weeks wait.
Waited 6 weeks, told nothing received from Hotshot
Called Hotshot, who insisted they shipped JWT orders.
Call JWT, told nothing came yet.
Called Hotshot back and asked when and how many shipped
Called JWT back, escalated call, found out:
JWT received one prototype, asked for two units, got nothing else.
Jim told me:
Spec V header needs sensor relocated behind cat.
First sensor mounted in one of 4 header tubes, only reads one cylinder.
JWT asked Hotshot to respond 4 weeks ago, no response yet.
Frankly, I trust Jim, he obviously knows his stuff. Does not give me runaround.

Called Hotshot again and again asked how long. Told 3 to 4 weeks.
Asked if any dealers had stock. Told to call:
Enjuku - tried that 3 times in 2 days, they don't answer phones.
"Nissan Performance" - Hotshot guy gave me a number, called it and turned
out to be an accounts payable lady at Nissan USA. She knew nothing about
Hotshot, parts, or related.
Contacted Nissan USA, went through 6 people, finally found persons
responsible for Nissan aftermarket stuff, was told none ordered, none
received from Hotshot.
Tried 9 other dealers on Hotshot website.
Nobody I could reach had product, had received product, or knew when it was
coming.
Read reviews in Nissan Performance, looked at a car using one, looked at
Hotshot site.
All show pictures of the same car.
Owner "thanks Hotshot for sponsoring him"

Frankly I doubt they are actually shipping this product.

I still want one, will deal with the sensor issues, will put in 3rd party
cat to deal with illegal emmissions problems, and have exhaust system and
new cat lined up for it.

Apparently Hotshot and their dealers can not deliver a product, and can not
state anything real about deliveries.

</RANT>

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

2.3TB RAID5 NAS server - dual AthlonMP CPU, Linux, $10,995 CAD / $6850 USD