New SR20 powered vehicle (Long)

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:22:04 -0500

Lee Koloszyc wrote:

>Well it was about time for my girlfriend to get a new car.
    <snip>
>We found a 99' G20, Icelandic Pearl...
    <snip>
>I was really impressed with the handling of the car, really stable even
>though the suspension is nice and comfy.

I'm telling you guys, the G20 is a much over looked enthusiast's car
because of the way Infiniti ended up marketing it.  Initially they tried to
market its sporting nature, but in the end, the marketing dweebs didn't
know how to do anything buy market it as an entry level luxury car.  Every
SE-R/NX owner I know who has had a G20 has loved them.  They handle great
(better than the SE-R).  The only issue with them is the weight.  They need
more power to be really interesting.

>Ah another project car, now comes talking her into a turbo.
>Any recommendations on how to do that George?

Sure....

Come out here for a race and I'll let her drive my G20. <VBG>  I guarantee
she'll love it.  Kerry is not into cars at all, but she loves everything
I've done to the G20 except the GC/AGX.  I think when I get longer front
springs and raise it a bit so it doesn't bottom in front she'll love that
too.  She was tell her co-workers how much she loved the turbo when they
were going out to lunch in the G and she had to get on the freeway. :-)

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>