Headers and other forums Getting things straight

David Pertuz davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:19:07 -0500

>> but it rusts, cracks and leaks.
>> ... and after only a few months, the new coating is peeling.

>I have had a Hotshot G4 on my '91 for well over a year now. I live in the
>Northeast, and as such my engine bay gets a nice coating of road salt every

Oddly enough, my 6-year-old G2 (?) header, which has spent the last 4 years
in Detroit, is in better shape than the header that was installed on my
dad's car at the same time and has spent all its life in Atlanta. There is
the usual primary-weld crack, some slight rust/discoloration at the top of
the primaries, a little on the secondary and I think the flex pipe may be
leaking, but I think it has done pretty well for a non-OEM-developed part
for over 120,000 miles.

david