Help w/ final steps of new engine install

Steven Papatrefon thepep@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:49:22 -0500

Well I'm just about wrapping up the installation of my new DPR custom-built
high compression motor into the old NX.  I just had a couple of questions
prior to engine startup:

1)  I was told to "prime the engine with oil" before I actually start the
motor for the first time.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Disconnect the
coil wire and .....?

2)  I added coolant w/ the bleeder screw on the thermostat off until coolant
flowed out of there.  I then put the screw back on and continued to add
coolant until it started overflowing the fill port.  Am I done until engine
startup where I will remove the cover of the air bleeder valve near the
firewall and add more coolant until coolant comes out of this valve?

3)  Immediately after startup, the first thing to do is break-in the cams (JWT
C2s) by modulating the rpms between 1500 and 2000 for 10 - 15 minutes?  After
that set idle and timing?

Thanks for any help,

Steve Papatrefon
'92 NX