Very strange problem

Ken K. Ken K." <a6a70022@telus.net
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:40:02 -0500

I have a weird problem and I'd like some advice.
I recently noticed the oil light would stay on 3-4 seconds before going out
on start-up.  Exactly what you would see if you installed a brand new "dry"
oil filter.

Thinking the anti-drainback valve on my OEM filter had gone, I replaced
it.[It was time I replace it anyways] Problem is still there.

Now, I look to the FSM and I suspect the oil pressure regulator valve is
partially stuck open, bleeding off some of the oil pressure. Thus, taking
longer to get up to pressure. I just inspected the oil pressure regulator
valve as per FSM and it looks to be in good condition.

So, I go back and look at the newly installed oil filter.
To my purpose, the oil filter is only partially full. [After the car has
been sitting overnight]

Hopefully, by some fluke, I got another defective filter.
I'm just hoping and praying its nothing serious because I need this car for
school this coming September.

I will go out and try ANOTHER OEM filter but if someone has another other
thoughts on why this is happening, I'd greatly appreciate some insight.

Ken Kubotani