one observation and question about oil filters

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:24:53 -0500

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 10:41:44PM -0500, Rick Warkentien wrote:

> These are all the specs i could find. Purolator does not list a pure one
> application for the b13 platforms or for the b15 platforms (both SR and QR25

I can say (but not recommend) that the PureOne line has several options
that fit B15 SRs just fine.  Starting with the B14 application, the
thread, pitch, gasket, and cartridge size are the same.  Moving up to
(IIRC) the Pathfinder filter, which has a longer cartridge, these other
dimensions are also identical (um, except for the longer cartridge,
duh).  I've used both the short and long cartridge PureOnes, and I'm
wholly unsatisfied with both.  Startup clatter lasts 2-3 times as long
as with a Nissan filter, and the cost is higher.  Thanks, but no thanks.
:)

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |