one observation and question about oil filters

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:45:02 -0500

On Tuesday, August 20, 2002, at 01:51 PM, Ben Missele wrote:

> Where can one find one of those to fit a 1991 to 1993 SR20DE?
> Every time I look in the books at the store, there is no PureOne
> application listed for our cars.

There isn't a direct match.  One that fits is the PL14476, made for the
'92 Toyota Paseo, among others.  It's slightly shorter than the SE-R
filter (2.9" vs. 3.5"), but is otherwise the same.  I have no idea if
the bypass valve operates at the same pressure level or if other
factors are the same, I just know it fits.  ;)

I just did a cross reference on the L14477 (the normal Sentra SE-R
filter) and it fits a much wider variety of cars than it used to,
including a number of 2000+ model year vehicles.  So it's more and more
likely that you'll see premium filters for this soon.  Never hurts to
bug the manufacturer, though.

For the 200sx guys, there is a PureOne filter that fits now, PL14622.
I'm not sure when they started making this one, but it wasn't available
the last time I checked.