one observation and question about oil filters

Larry Martin bizznzman@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:31:10 -0500

 Jim Wright wrote:
Larry, keep in mind that the K&N will be filtering very fine particles
that the Nissan and other standard filters will let pass. These small
particles will take their toll over time, so that is definitely
something to consider.

I'm with you on this but bear in mind that "normal wear" is

is caused by particulates at sub 10 micron level as well.  This

is one of the reasons that 1-2 micron level bypass filtration

systems have been developed (very expensive).  It is questionable to me if

the diff between 10 and 20 micron matter is really significant.

No question that smaller is better but I don't know how to

quantify the gain and therefore have no way to say "it's worth

the price difference".

Larry Martin

'92 SE-R