TPS not reading 4 volts at WOT with JWT ECU

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:45:52 -0500

On Monday, August 19, 2002, at 11:01 AM, Raymond A. Kawski wrote:

> All of that information came as a direct result of issues I
> discovered while running a 96 in my 98.  I spent many phone
> calls with JWT.

Basically what it sounds like is that the stock '98 ECU puts out more
power to the sensors than what was required in '96 models.  Short of
reducing the load (as you've done), the only workaround I can easily
see would be an independent 5v power supply to keep things juiced up.

> Removing that 3 wire sensor (gas tank pressure sensor) returns the TPS
> supply voltage
> to normal.

Any ideas what this pressure sensor is used for, and if having it
disconnected is going to throw anything off as a result?  I have to
assume that this is just something emissions related and will set off
some warning if your gas cap isn't on right?